Yep, science finally proves what all of us have been saying for years, that Star Wars fans are clearly much smarter than Star Trek fans.
Cognitive scientists did an online study in July of 2020 which came to the unarguable conclusion that not only were IQ’s higher from Star Wars fans but simple cognitive tasks (like tying one’s shoes or using a spork) were completed faster and more correctly.
Cognitive abilities are brain-based skills we need to carry out any task from the simplest to the most complex. They have more to do with the mechanisms of how we learn, remember, problem-solve, and pay attention, rather than with any actual knowledge. For instance, answering the telephone involves perception (hearing the ring tone), decision taking (answering or not), motor skill (lifting the receiver), language skills (talking and understanding language), social skills (interpreting tone of voice and interacting properly with another human being).
These are some of the easy, common-knowledge questions that Star Wars fans were able to get correct much more often than Star Trek fans:
- What is the first line uttered by Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace?
- In what Central American country were the exterior shots of Yavin’s moon filmed?
- What holding sector did Admiral Ackbar order Green group to stick close to, during the second Death Star Battle?
- How many times does does Darth Vader make the “Kwoo Kwee” breathing sound in every movie he’s in?
- Which are more adorable? Ewoks or Tribbles?
Now, clearly, these are very easy questions and anyone worth their weight in parsecs would easily know the answers. Do you?